Dansk version:

Dansk version (version in Danish): klik her


NB. This blog will not be updated any more.
Instead, I invite you to look at the Facebook group I have started on the subject of Nonduality - Oneness - Advaita. Please click here to go there.


Introduction
As is well-known to many spiritual seekers, non-duality is a spiritual teaching with ancient roots. Often, it is also referred to with the Sanskrit term "Advaita".

The sole purpose of the blog is to share information and references to such material and websites as have been of great use to myself. I have in no way any desire to pretend to be an "expert" in this field of knowledge.

If you have questions, you are welcome to e-mail me at citron16@gmail.com

Non-duality puts an end to all spiritual searching. As Nisargadatta Maharaj pointed out, "the seeker is the sought". Why seek "liberation from bondage", when there is in truth no bondage and nothing to liberate?

Monday 6 September 2010

Gilbert Schultz

Gilbert Schultz is clearly inspired by Nisargadatta Maharaj and 'Sailor' Bob Adamson. He writes on non-duality in a stimulating fashion, making use of the dynamic tool of internet blogging. Since April 2009, Gilbert has made his notes available in a blog called "Seeing-Knowing - Shining Through The Mind", which I absolutely recommend.

In the beginning of studying the manifold entries in this blog, I asked myself if it is really necessary to say so many words about non-duality. But as I went along, I found it more and more intriguing to read Gilbert's multifaceted angles on the subject. There is a refreshing atmosphere about this blog, which is free of illusions about anything. I experience that it helps me keep my focus on the fundamentals - it's all about SEEING and KNOWING, as emphasized by the title of the blog.

Considering the mind's propensity to produce all sorts of ideas about non-duality and anything else, it's surely a sobering thing about Gilbert Schultz' blog that he not only tends to state what non-duality is, but certainly also what it is NOT. Also, with respect to that motley crowd of spiritual "teachers" and "masters" out there, I think he puts forward some valuable suggestions on how to discern the real teachers from those who may merely lead the seeker into a blind alley. Having had some mixed experiences with teachers and teachings myself, I can certainly relate to many of Gilbert's observations.....

As just one example of Gilbert's critical approach, I would refer to his blog entry of August 22, 2010, called "Sacred Traps.....and pitfalls". I am tempted to quote from the entry, but I don't want to detach any of it from its context. Better read it yourself!

At the top and in the right-hand side of Gilbert's blog, you can navigate to audio and video recordings with him as well as to his e-books.

No comments:

Post a Comment